Everyday Mom's Meals: Game Day Food
_____

Friday, September 30, 2016

Game Day Food

If you've been logging onto the blog lately, you know new recipes are few and far between right now. I can't help it. Max is keeping me pretty busy, and just getting supper on the table is sometimes a chore, let alone making something new, and then having the camera handy to snap a photo.

I mean, how can you worry about food photo lighting when you've got this face looking at you?


But there was a night last week that Max was napping, and knew it was time to try a recipe a friend had given me back during the summer that I hadn't had the chance to make yet.

She had shared it thinking it would be a perfect idea for summer time cookouts or barbecues, but obviously the time has passed for those. That's okay though, because I don't think anything goes with football better than a great dip. This would be perfect on Game Day! Rather you've got a big crowd coming over to watch, or it's just your family. Maybe you are tailgaters, that's even better. It doesn't matter where you serve it, as long as you've got plenty of chips for dipping!

As we get more of a schedule, I hope to get back to posting new recipes on a more regular basis, but if you follow me on Facebook, I am always sharing photos of Max (and his Big Brudder Alex too) and old recipes too. I haven't disappeared. I promise. In the meantime, enjoy this dip and think of me!

Warm Corn and Bacon Dip
2 (15 oz.) cans NO salt added corn, drained
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sour cream
2 c. finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 TBS dried chives, extra for garnish
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine corn, bacon, cheeses and sour cream. Gently stir until well combined. Add salt, pepper and chives. Stir again. Transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden on top. Garnish with extra chives. Serve warm with tortilla chips. 



No comments: