Everyday Mom's Meals: A Gadget Makes All The Difference
_____

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Gadget Makes All The Difference

So, I might have a new obsession. Well, I guess when it comes to food, I have quite a few, so I better narrow it down. The latest addiction I have to add to my list is muffins. I am constantly looking for new flavors, and a lot of this new infatuation has to do with one small thing. A cookie scoop.

See, until last year about this time, I had to use a normal, every day spoon to transfer the muffin batter to the muffin tin. But then something magical happened. I received a cookie scoop for my birthday. Do you know what I'm talking about? The kind with the spring loaded handle that when pressed, allows whatever is in it, to be removed quickly and easily. Nothing special, nothing fancy. But absolutely life changing.

Oh, and the funny part? I've never made cookies with it! For almost a year now, it has been used exclusively for muffins. I'm sure it would be fabulous for cookie dough too, believe me. It makes scooping anything so much easier. I can literally fill a 12 well muffin tin in almost no time at all! Plus, it helps to keep the mess down too! (I'm all about less clean up when I'm done!)

If you love banana bread, you're going to love these as much as we did. Plus these come with a glaze that banana bread usually doesn't, so they are that much sweeter! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, an after school snack or dessert.

Do you have a great kitchen gadget that makes all the difference in your life? Share it with me in the comments! I'm always looking for new ones!

Banana Nut Muffins
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. mashed banana (about 3)
1 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/4 c. powdered sugar
Milk

Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with papers or grease. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and banana until smooth. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix well. Pour into moist mixture and combine just until moisten. Fold in walnuts. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Mix together powdered sugar and enough milk to make glaze, usually about 2 tsp. When muffins are cool, drizzle with glaze.





Shared on The Country Cook Feb. 6, 2015

Disclaimer: As a Field Editor of Taste of Home, I share my own thoughts and opinions of this recipe. I am not a paid employee. 

No comments: