Everyday Mom's Meals: Early, Upon Request
_____

Friday, October 31, 2014

Early, Upon Request

If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you know I'm notorious for posting "preview" pics or ones with new recipes I'm trying with the caption of "coming soon." It's just a little something I give my audience to keep ya'll coming back for more.  Like the really good previews at the movies. You know they suck you in. You just spend an arm and a leg to see this movie, and you start planning your next trip before the popcorn is even half gone! But I know many of you see something you like and have a hard time waiting, so this time I'm offering up the goods early!

So many of you commented on the preview I shared of this recipe I felt like I just had to adjust my normal schedule to accommodate. I can't say I blame you either. It's a great one. A mouth watering, filling, but still super simple meal your family will come running for.

Oh, and if you are feeding a crowd, this would easily do that too. Plus, it's so easy to adjust for even more people if need be. Remember, the holiday season is quickly approaching, and all of us are looking for ways to feed those out of town guests in an easy and budget friendly way!

This is what I like to call a pasta plus dish. Sure, it's a pasta, but it's so much more too. Plus, the flavor isn't the typical Italian flare you think of when you think of pasta. It's like what would happen if spaghetti and chili got together for a one night stand and had a baby...two favorites rolled into one.

I can't always share recipes as quick as fans would like me to. I have a schedule I like to keep. But rules have to bent every now again, especially for something this delicious. So, by request, here it is early. You're welcome!

Cowboy Spaghetti Casserole 
12 oz. spaghetti, cooked to al dente
1 lb. ground beef
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 TBS brown sugar
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 ( 8 oz.) can tomato sauce
3/4 c. colby jack cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chives for top

Preheat oven to 350. While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef, green pepper and onion in a large skillet until no longer pink. Season with garlic salt, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar and chili powder. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer, stirring often until slightly thickened. When pasta is cooked, drain well. Add to ground beef mixture. Mix well. Transfer to a greased 9x13 pan. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Add cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until melted. Garnish with chives.







Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 31, 2014

Spaghetti at Very Good Recipes

And from our family to yours.....



Disclaimer: As a Field Editor of Taste of Home, I share my own thoughts and opinions of this recipe. I am not a paid employee.

No comments: