Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Alyssa}
_____

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Alyssa}

Welcome to another Saturday here at EMM. The day when I welcome a fellow foodie into my kitchen to share something yummy with all of us. Remember, if you are reading this thinking, "This looks like fun." You do NOT have to be a blogger to be my guest! My fans love joining in the fun, and I'm so excited to get them onto the blog too. So, if you are interested, drop me a line and I can give you more details!

Today, I have to give a big THANK YOU to our guest because she stepped up at the last minute when I discovered I didn't have anyone signed up, and within 24 hours had this post ready to go! So grab a mimosa, or I guess a cup of coffee will do, and welcome Alyssa~



Hello Everyone,

I guess I will start off by introducing myself :-) My name is Alyssa and I am 28 years old. I am a stay at home mom of two girls,Meghan (4) and Karina (2).My dearest and I live in Massachusetts.  Aside from taking care of my two daughters I also work with an organization,, who raises money, does clothing/food and toy drives..It's very fulfilling to me. I also own a blog as well. My blog is Cooking From A SAHM(Stay at home mom). http://cookingfromasahm.blogspot.com/and https://www.facebook.com/CookingFromASAHM The goal of my page is to bring kids in the kitchen, I want to bring family together in the kitchen to learn and grow together. 

The recipe I am sharing wit you today is my Strawberry Filled Coffee cake muffins. These are simply amazing and taste like a nutri grain bar. Plus it's simple :-) I came up with this recipe one day when I was really stressed out. Cooking/baking in the kitchen keeps my stress level down. So here ya go :-)

Strawberry Filled Coffee Cake Muffins
1 1/4 C. Flour
2/3 C. Quick Oats (but could use regular)
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Apple Pie Spice
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg
1/3 C. Oil
2/3 C. Milk

Jar of Strawberry Preserves

Strussel Topping
1 C. Old fashioned Oats
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
Sprinkle of Apple Pie spice
4 Tsp of melted Butter

In a bowl combine your milk, oil and egg. Gently mix. Then add your flour, oats, brown sugar, apple pie spice, salt and baking powder. Mix all this until its well mixed together.  Take your muffin tin and line it with your cupcake liners. Put about a tablespoon of batter on the bottom and spread it out. Take about a tsp of Strawberry preserves and spread it as best as you can. Then top with another table spoon or more of batter. Do this for all of them. 

In a bowl put your 1 C. Oats, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix it. Put the crumble on top of each muffin. Bake at 350 for ten minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.  Put them out and let them cool.



Pin It

No comments: