Everyday Mom's Meals: It's A Trend
_____

Monday, January 14, 2013

It's A Trend

When I sat down to blog this recipe I realized something interesting. This is the second Monday in a row I am sharing a scone recipe with you. It wasn't planned that way, but apparently I've started a trend. I'm guessing it won't continue next Monday, but a two week occurrence can still be a trend, right?!

After my luck at making the Cranberry Orange ones I shared last week, I wanted to try them again! Like I said in that post, I've never been a fan, but I can whole heartily say I am a convert! In fact, I would venture to say I've almost become addicted. They are much easier to make then I ever imagined and I just adore the texture and flavor. These make the perfect weekend breakfast or brunch item, but truthfully I love serving them for dessert too. I usually have them for breakfast in the morning and the leftovers, (if there are any) become a quick dinner time sweet treat. I haven't done it myself, but I'm guessing these would be great baked off, frozen and then reheated for a quick school/workday morning too.

Without even trying, I've started a trend here on EMM, and while I'm not making any promises, I'm guessing it's one that while not on a weekly basis, will continue at some point!

Apple Cinnamon Scones From AllRecipes
2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar, plus 2 TBS for topping
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter, chilled
1 medium apple, peeled and diced
1/2 c. milk, plus extra for topping
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus extra for topping

Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl combine flour, 1/4 c. sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Mix well. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add apple and milk. Stir to form soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 8-10 times. Pat into two 6 inch circles. Place on greased baking sheet (or use parchment paper or Silpat). Brush with milk and sprinkle with extra sugar and cinnamon. Cut each round piece into 6 pie shaped wedges. Bake for 15 minutes until browned and risen.


Shared on Make Ahead Meals Jan. 14, 2013
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Jan. 15, 2013
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Jan. 16, 2013
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Jan. 17, 2013
Breakfast at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Krista,
I just love your Scone, it looks delicious. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen