Everyday Mom's Meals: It's Official, We Are Fiends
_____

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's Official, We Are Fiends

Pasta. Just the word makes me smile. I just can't get enough of the stuff. I'm convinced I must have been named Isabella and lived in some quaint Italian village in my past life! And I have passed this obsession onto my son. Well, to be fair, he didn't really have a fighting chance because he got the pasta gene from both parents, since Mr. Everyday loves it just as much as I do. I'm not kidding, these boys could eat spaghetti 7 nights a week and twice on Sunday and be totally happy. But as much as we love the stuff, I do try to limit it to one dinner per week. For us, yes it's a favorite, but it's also an indulgence and I don't ever want that feeling to get stale or "old".

So, when I was flipping through my latest Gooseberry Patch book, I was so excited to see an entire section dedicated to Italian! This is one of the two books released this month that I am so lucky to have recipes in! (And you can win a copy of yourself in my latest GIVEAWAY! Click here for for details!)

The minute I saw this recipe I was super excited because it had a little something for each of us. See, the boys truly prefer a red sauce while I tend to be a cream fan. But this has the best of both worlds because it's what I like to call a "blush" sauce. No, that's not a technical term, but it makes sense to me! You take the two, mix them, and it looks as if the pasta is blushing.

This was a big hit! We ate the entire pot, and loved every single bite. With the Alfredo sauce you might think it would be a little heavy, but it's truly not. It's rich, and deep in flavor, but doesn't "sit" heavy after you eat it.  Plus, it's not one of those pasta dishes that has sauce on the first two bites, but the rest is bare. This sauce is so creamy, it coats every inch of the linguine for equal distribution!

If you are a pasta fiend like we are, be sure to give this a try tonight. Super simple. Super tasty. The perfect weeknight addiction fix!

Creamy Marinara Linguine Adapted from Weeknight Dinners
1 lb. linguine, cooked and drained
1 (14.5 oz ) can petite diced tomatoes, drained well
1 (14. 5 oz) can regular diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 c. milk
3 TBS olive oil
2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. dried parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste

While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute' for 30 seconds. Add undrained tomatoes. Stir well. When heated add Alfredo sauce, milk and drained tomatoes. Increase heat and bring to a bubble. Reduce heat, add seasonings and simmer on low for 10 minutes until slightly thickened. When pasta is cooked, return to hot pot. Mix sauce with pasta, stirring well.


Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Jan. 30, 2013
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Jan. 31, 2013
Shared on The Country Cook Feb. 1, 2013

Pasta at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

No comments: