Everyday Mom's Meals: Talk About A Mind Lapse
_____

Monday, November 5, 2012

Talk About A Mind Lapse

I have always been one to have a great memory; and I'm not bragging, it's just a fact. Ask anyone who knows me really well. My mom has always said "She's got the memory of an elephant." And I tend to remember things in a weird way. Give me an event in my life, big or small and there is a very good chance I can tell you what I was wearing. I know, crazy! And the only person I know in our family that has even close to as good of memory is my son! Yep, I passed this trait onto him, and he seems to remember things even his mommy can't. So you can imagine my horror a few weeks ago when someone asked me if I had a recipe for dipping oil for bread; and upon answering "Yes", giving her the link I realized something. I never got around to sharing the recipe for the foccacia bread I served with it. When I shared the oil I had all intentions of going back to blog the bread too, and evidently my brain was in sleep mode because I totally forgot! I literally sat and stared at my computer screen for at least 5 minutes in disbelief! So, I had to make some, simply so I could blog it! This is a great bread for any busy night, and the perfect compliment to any Italian meal. Serve it will the dipping oil (link above), with a little butter or plain. I guess my memory, like me, is not immune to aging. Or maybe I just need to start remembering what I'm wearing every time I cook!

Italian Foccacia Adapted from Allrecipes.com
3 1/4 c. flour
1 envelope rapid rise yeast
1 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 c. olive oil, divided
1 2/3 c. very warm water (between 120-130 degrees)
3 TBS shredded Parmesan, divided
2 TBS Italian Seasoning

Mix flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 TBS olive oil and water, stirring until well mixed. Spread dough on 9x13 pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes into bread. Drizzle 2 TBS oil over and sprinkle with Parmesan and Italian seasoning. Cover. Let rise 15 more minutes, while you preheat oven to 375. Bake 30-35 minutes until slightly browned. Allow to cool slightly before slicing. If desired, serve with dipping oil, recipe link above.


Shared on Make Ahead Meals Nov. 5, 2012
Shared on Mandy's Recipe Box Nov. 6, 2012
Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Nov. 7, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Nov. 8, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Nov. 9, 2012

Bread at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

2 comments:

Liz said...

I've always loved foccacia bread. I will definitely have to try this! Thanks for sharing :)

Miz Helen said...

Hi Krista,
Your Foccacia Bread looks great! Have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen