Everyday Mom's Meals: Alex's Mexican Meal Part Dos
_____

Friday, November 16, 2012

Alex's Mexican Meal Part Dos

Hello again everyone! I'm so happy to be here 2 days in a row! I bet nobody else in my class can say they are featured on a blog, let alone two days in a row! I'm pretty sure I'm the only 2nd grader who has a Mommy who is a blogger! Yesterday I shared with you the Tasty Chicken Tostadas Mommy and I made from my new kids' cookbook! There were so many yummy things to choose from, I didn't know where to start, but when I chose those as my first dish, Mommy suggested we make this for the side dish and I'm so glad she did! Now Mommy will tell you when I first read "sour cream" in the recipe, I told her I didn't think I would like it. I'm not the biggest fan of sour cream, but she has learned ways to cook with it so I don't even taste it, and she promised this would be another one of those times. Plus, it had salsa in it, and I love salsa! This dip would be great at your next party, an appetizer for Thanksgiving (I'm so excited it's getting so close!), packed in your kids' school lunch or a fantastic after school snack. I love raw veggies by themselves, but when I have a delicious dip to go with them, that's even better! I hope you enjoyed my recipes these past 2 days, and be looking for me again, because I love when Mommy let's me help her in the kitchen!


Salsa Veggie Dip Adapted from Kids Get Cookin'
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mild chunky salsa
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
3 green onions, chopped, a few green pieces reserved
Assorted Vegetables

In a medium bowl combine sour cream, salsa, garlic salt and green onions. Stir well to combine. Chill until serving, at least for 1 hour.


Shared on The Country Cook Nov. 16, 2012
Shared on Make Ahead Meals Nov. 19, 2012


Dips at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

No comments: