Everyday Mom's Meals: Indoor Campout
_____

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Indoor Campout

A couple weeks ago Mr. Everyday had Saturday night plans with "the boys" celebrating a friend's birthday, and so Monkey and I were on our own for the evening. This type of thing doesn't happen often in our house on the weekend, so I wanted to make sure I made it a super fun time for the little man and I. When I get a chance to hang out with him, I want memories to be made! Well, this happened to only be a few days after his brand new Avengers sleeping bag arrived in the mail, and he was dying to try it. See, I bought it for our upcoming trip to Pennsylvania over the Thanksgiving holiday, and he just couldn't wait that long to use it! After all, a boy's very first sleeping bag is a very big deal. I knew it was going to be super chilly so having an actual camp out was not an option, so and indoor one it would be~complete with new pajamas, snacks and a movie! Our indoor camp out turned into a super-hero themed one with Spiderman 3 as the movie, Batman on the pjs, and of course the Avengers sleeping bag! I knew s'mores would be the perfect snack, and I could make my Mint Chocolate ones I shared over the summer, but I wanted something a little more autumn inspired. So with taking the ingredients of a regular s'more and tweaking them just a little, I got something that is the perfect treat for a fall bonfire, camping trip or even indoor camp out!



Pumpkin Ginger S'mores
Ginger Snap Cookies (small size)
Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
White Chocolate Baking Bar, cut into small pieces

Roast marshmallows to desired doneness. (We like ours burnt!) Place a chocolate piece on cookie. Top with marshmallow and another cookie. Smoosh and enjoy!!
*NOTE* If you don't have the Pumpkin Spice marshmallows. Use original ones and add 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice to each s'more!




Shared on Lady Behind The Curtain Oct. 24, 2012
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Oct. 25, 2012
Shared on The Country Cook Oct. 26, 2012

Pumpkin at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now THAT'S a happy face!
Your indoor fall smores were a great idea! I'm sure lots of memories were made that night!
You actually helped bring back some memories for me when my boys were little. We used to have indoor weenie roasts in our fireplace in the winter. Those were always lots of fun! Thanks for the memories.
Renee - Kudos Kitchen

Unknown said...

We use to pitch the tent in our basement (it is a tension type, no stakes required) when my kids were younger. They had so much fun playing games, eating popcorn and s'mores. Such wonderful memories!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thanks so much for sharing your recipes at Cast Party Wednesday. Have a GREAT week! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

Miz Helen said...

We always love a in door camp out with our kids and this looks like a great recipe, its a sure winner! Have a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen