Everyday Mom's Meals: Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}
_____

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weekend Company {Guest Blogger Angie}

We've made it to another weekend! May is just around the corner and the end of the school year is quickly approaching too. I just can't believe it! I'm actually going to be away today at my sister in law's baby shower. Yep, it's almost time for my little nephew to make his appearance! Only about 4 more weeks to wait until we all get to meet Riley!

My guest today has a recipe that I can't wait to try. As soon as she emailed me the recipe and photos I added it to my "must make" list! I love the fact my fans are willing to guest post for me and dip their feet into the world of blogging. She's a wife, she's a mother, she's a loyal EMM reader. Please welcome Angie as our Weekend Company today~

Hello EMM fans!!!!  My name is Angie Cupp.  I live in Northeast Indiana and love searching for new recipes and cookbooks.  I mostly enjoy family & church cookbooks!  I am wife to Daron and momma to three blessings... Andrew, Kaitlyn & our new addition, Kaleb.  I am blessed to be a stay-at-home mom and wouldn't trade it for anything.  In my spare time I enjoy scrapbooking the memories that our family makes, camping and working in our flower beds.

Years ago, just after we married, I worked at a credit union in East Lansing, MI.  While working there, we all contributed recipes to make a cookbook to sell with the proceeds going to the United Way.  I loved this idea since my love is for home-cooked recipes.  As soon as the cookbooks were printed and I got my copy I immediately started flipping through it to see what recipes jumped off the page.  The first one to say "try me" was Mexican Casserole.  It called for taco-like ingredients and Doritos.  How could I not make it?  Over the years I have edited and tweaked it to make it just right for our family.  We don't care for diced tomatoes so I thought I might as well just use Tomato Soup.  It was yummy and is now a favorite in our home!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! 


Mexican Casserole a.k.a. Taco and Doritos Casserole
1 1/2 lb Hamburger
1 medium onion chopped (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes  (I just use 1 can of Tomato Soup)
1 can (4oz) of chopped Green Chiles
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 bag (11.5oz) of Nacho Cheese Doritos
2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use Shredded Mexican Taco Cheese, gives it a bit more of a kick!)
1 container (24oz) of Sour Cream

In a large skillet, brown 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger and 1 medium onion.  Drain grease.  Add 1 can of condensed Tomato Soup, 1 can of chopped Green Chiles and 1 packet of Taco Seasoning.  Stir occasionally until bubbly.

Crush 1 bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos with rolling pin.

Layer in 9 x 13 Pam sprayed pan:

1/2 bag of crushed Doritos
All of Meat mixture
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 container of Sour Cream
1/2 bag of crushed Doritos

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.  Top with more cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.



Thank you to EMM for the opportunity to be a Weekend Guest!  I always enjoy reading Krista's blog and love trying the recipes that she shares! 


Pin It

No comments: