Everyday Mom's Meals: Oh How I Miss
_____

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Oh How I Miss

Do you have a restaurant that you used to frequent often and now for whatever reason you are no longer able to? Maybe it closed. Maybe you moved away and there isn't one in your area. Or maybe like me you had a bad experience and you just can't seem to get past it. For me, it's Red Lobster. It's not like we used to eat there once a week, but it was a place we would treat ourselves with for special occasions. I remember we ate there after closing on our house! Oh what a celebration we had. But not too long after that meal, it happened. The now infamous "salmon incident." That's right. I got bad salmon there, and it's ruined me for life! Both on salmon and on Red Lobster. I realize there are a ton of other items on the menu I could have, but I just can't past that feeling I had for a good 48 hours after that meal. It wasn't pretty folks. And just thinking about eating there makes me nauseous. And salmon? We are no longer friends. I can't stomach to be around people eating salmon. No joke. The smell alone makes my stomach not so happy. But the ironic thing is the food I miss most from Red Lobster, isn't even seafood. It's their cheddar biscuits! Or I should say, it was, until now! I've recreated them at home, and they are just as good! If you're looking for a bread item for your Easter buffet, these would be wonderful. They take no time to make, or bake, and you can have a ton of them ready for guests. If you're like me and have that "oh how I miss it" food, try making it at home and rediscovering it all over again!

Cheddar Biscuits Makes 20 biscuits
4 c. all purpose baking mix
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/3 c. water
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried parsley

Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cheese and water. Line a baking sheet w/ parchment paper. Using a small scoop (or your hands) place dough on sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Combine butter, garlic, onion, salt and parsley. Remove biscuits from oven and brush w/ butter mixture immediately.


Shared on It's A Keeper Apr. 5, 2012 
Shared on Miz Helen's Country Cottage Apr. 5, 2012 
Shared on The Country Cook Apr. 5, 2012
Bread at Very Good Recipes
Pin It

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Krista,
We just love Cheddar Biscuits and your recipe looks very good. Hope you have a fabulous Celebration Week End and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen